Sunday, March 19, 2006

Songs from Screenplays - No. 2

"That's What They Do" by The Cable Guy (think Fallout Boy)

[verse]

Last time we fought
I let you win.
Can you believe that?
We all get lonely.
Don't do this to me,
Then just play it cool.
Do you feel good
Now that you've hurt me?

[chorus]

That's what they do.
That's not the point.
Why should I help you?
I wouldn't feel right.
That's what they do.
That's not the point.
I guess I crossed the line.
I guess I crossed the line.

[verse]

I'm about finished here.
You didn't have to do that.
I'll never be your friend.
There's no stopping me today.
You're playing with me again.
That guy is bad news.
I was protecting you.
You don't even know him.

[chorus]

That's what they do.
That's not the point.
Why should I help you?
I wouldn't feel right.
That's what they do.
That's not the point.
I guess I crossed the line.
I guess I crossed the line.

[verse]

It was payback time.
I taught you a lesson.
All she had to do was say no,
You didn't cross the line.
You ruined the game.
That's what the armor's for.
One piece of advice.
Don't do anything stupid.

[chorus]

That's what they do.
That's not the point.
Why should I help you?
I wouldn't feel right.
That's what they do.
That's not the point.
I guess I crossed the line.
I guess I crossed the line.

No comments: