Saturday, March 11, 2006

Songs from Screenplays - No. 1

"Landing Light" by Die Hard 2: Die Harder (think PJ Harvey)

[verse]

I've got lost kids, lost dogs.
I've got international diplomats.
We've got a body in the morgue,
It seems to have died twice.
Well then, the damage is minimal.
Maybe we could go get a drink?
How about a little team spirit?
Just routine. A murder on television.

[chorus]

You think you're funny.
You think you're funny.
I've got your number.
Blood stain and all.

[verse]

Relax, I'm just doing my job.
Who I am is unimportant.
You are the wrong person
At the wrong place at the wrong time.
I've got enough friends.
I thought they were the army.
Hold on a second, cowboy.
We're out of danger now.

[chorus]

You think you're funny.
You think you're funny.
I've got your number.
Blood stain and all.

[verse]

Who gives a fuck, just be ready.
I see the lights,
They are directly in front of me.
So much for the element of chance.
There are no more surprises,
I'm just your kind of asshole.
How could the same shit
Happen to the same guy twice?

[chorus]

You think you're funny.
You think you're funny.
I've got your number.
Blood stain and all.

[fade out]

Here's your fucking landing light.
Here's your fucking landing light.
Here's your fucking landing light.

No comments: