Friday, June 23, 2006

Randominnyc Klassik Kut

Randominnyc will be be on hold for the next week. In the meantime, enjoy this classic post from the turn of the (20th) century.

An Imagined Conversation between Mr. and Mrs. Thackery Walpole St. Clair:

Mr.: My dear!
Mrs.: What? What is it?
Mr: I do believe there's a roustabout over there.
Mrs: A roustabout? Oh, it is! What shall we do?
Mr.: I'm going to call for that burly Irish fellow they have patrolling the neighborhood. Officer! Officer!
Officer Houlihan: Faith and beggorah! Hi-diddle-ee-dee!
Mrs.: What is he saying?
Mr.: Don't worry, that's just the way these people talk. Officer, there's a roustabout over there.
Officer: Oish! [sings] When Oirish ois are smoilin'! [runs off toward the roustabout, club in hand]
Mrs.: That certainly was trying!
Mr.: It's like medicine, dear.
Mrs.: How so?
Mr.: You see, the cure is often worse than the disease.

[end]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful goods from you, man. I've remember your stuff previous to and you're simply too excellent.
I actually like what you've got right here, really like what you are stating and the best way in which you say it. You make it entertaining and you continue to take care of to keep it smart. I can not wait to read much more from you. That is actually a tremendous website.

My web-site cheapest health insurance quotes